We're kicking off this labor day and the change in seasons with vintage scarves! Who else is ready to layer on one of our favorite accessories for the season?
You would be hard pressed to find an accessory more versatile than the scarf. Scarves elevate even the most basic outfit, adding texture, interest and pattern. The reasons to love scarves are endless as are the ways that you can wear them!
Scarves come in so many beautiful colors, patterns, textures and sizes - there is something for everyone
Pretty and Practical - Perfect to use to keep warm on a chilly day or evening
Instantly Elevates and Outfit - a scarf can take an outfit from basis and boring, to anything but. Style icons including everyone from Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O to Rachel Zoe and Olivia Palermo rely on scarves when accessorizing.
There are literally endless possibilities on how to wear them! At VMM we are obsess with the Hermes Scarf App, Silk Knot. Download it onto your phone for tons of inspiration!
They make great gifts - vintage scarves make unique and thoughtful gifts for a mom, best friend or sister. Tie one around a bottle of wine or fold into a beautiful box.
Fantastic Fit - want to know something we've never heard spoken about a scarf? "It doesn't fit" - scarves always fit.
Accessorize your accessories - looks fab tied on a handbag, around a hat, worn as a bracelet, or layered with jewelry.
1. Tie it up in a french knot.
2. Drape loosely around the neck and cinch it up at the waist under a skinny belt.
3. Twisted tight around the neck like a choker.
4. Wear a skinny scarf as a belt.
5. Wrap a smaller scarf around a messy bun.
6. Or around your crown as a headband.
7. Wear a larger scarf draped around your shoulders like a poncho to stay cozy.
8. Wear a scarf with a leather jacket to add a little edge.
9. Tied to the handle of a classic bag.
10. Tie a small scarf at the neck and wear with an off the shoulder top.
These are just a few styling suggestions! We'd love to hear how you wear your scarves. And be sure to take a minute to check out our vintage scarf collection.
Comments will be approved before showing up.